Wedding favours are traditionally used as a way of saying thank you to your loved ones on your wedding day. You can use almost anything!
I see a lot of cupcakes given as favours, especially if the Bride and Groom don’t want to share their wedding cake. Another popular idea I have seen this wedding season is coke bottles used as both name placers and they make cute favours (psstt.. they often work out cheaper than name cards) You can put each guest’s name on the labels and tie a key/bottle opener around the neck. Doubling up name cards and favours can de clutter the tables and leave more room for bottles of Prosecco!
Wedding favours can be easily handmade and tailored to suit the theme of your Big Day. They can be fun to make and are a more personalised way to say thanks.
My favourite handmade wedding favour ideas are:
- Wedding survival kit – sewing kit, plasters, mints, chocolates and don’t forget the tissues!
- Homemade baking – cupcakes, rocky road or biscuits can go down a treat
- Message in a bottle – personalised message for each guest
- Mini handmade soaps
My favourite wedding favours to buy:
- Hangover rescue tea
- Little box of Champagne chocolate truffles
- Charity pins – A lovely way to remember any guests who have passed
- Personalised wedding tea towels
You can find most of my wedding favour ideas on either: